Monday, April 7, 2008

Brushes!


This particular brush caddy came from the drugstore rather than the art store. It is intended for make-up brushes, but I like it because it is much smaller and lighter. A rolled bamboo place mat works well too and allows your brushes to air dry. I will take along a minimum number of brushes. Fewer to carry/fewer to lose - I have also marked my name on the handles.
Best not to bring along expensive sable brushes. Of course, you may bring your own selection or styles and sizes.


My kit includes, from left to right:

- A rigger or signature brush
- 1.5" flat skyflow type brush
- 1" flat skyflow
- A small stiff craft brush for spatters and lifting
- Round brushes - sizes 14 and 10 - your choice of size, but go for big, rather than tiny.
- One or two 1" badger type brush. (Kemp Badger or a Skipper from Cheap Joe's Art Stuff)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bamboo place mat works well. I took some 1" wide elastic tape from a craft store, strung to through the slits in the bamboo to keep the brushes in place. Ron