Monday, April 7, 2008

Have Paint - Will Travel

With all the changes in travel these days, it is essential to know how to transport your paints. You must put your paints in your checked baggage! You can not put it in your carry on.

That being the case, you will want to be sure that your clothes are protected from squishy paint tubes. I pack mine in plastic seal tight containers, such as Tupperware or Lock and Lock. The locked box of paints is then further encased in a zip lock bag.


Mark on the outside of the container and bag as shown: Non-combustible, Non-Toxic, Non-flammable and any other "Non" you might like to add. You may be able to get a safety sheet from your supplier it include. I have had my bags inspected regularly when flying as evident by the note that is left to indicate that it has been searched. With the paints labeled and stored in this manner, I have not had a problem. Of course there is always a first time, so let's hope everyone will pass through without an trouble.




I will post a list of my colours, but do bring your own favorite colours and brands. Artist's quality tube paints are superior! Small tubes will most likely be enough for you.


No comments: